Baby Gifts

1 Million Steps for Diabetes UK

I walk but not every day, I stand all day but I’m not always moving. This is a challenge that will push me but also be attainable. I decided to join the 1 Million Steps challenge for me & as a way to raise some money for charity.
I could have picked a 5, a 10 mile or even a marathon to complete. However I know myself and my body would break before the finish line. I am unhealthy, I eat bad food and I’m overweight. I’m the poster child for becoming Diabetic when they’re older.
Enough of the positivity! I’ve got some walking to do!

This isn’t me raising money for a charity because I’m going to need their help someday. I’m taking the 1st step of 1 million little steps. I’m hopeful this is the start of small steps leading to bigger changes. I don’t need to be skinny (not that it’s a bad thing) I want to be stronger. To not be out of breath after a walk or be unable to keep up with my one year old who I wrote about in my The Tiny Human Who Changed Everything post. I don’t want to be the cause of me becoming Type 2 diabetic. I’d go into detail but there is better explained information over on Diabetes UK. If your Type 1 its not a lifestyle issue, it can just happen and only 10% of cases are Type 1. That means the other 90% are theoretically preventable with diet.

1 Million Steps

This is the equivelent of 10870 steps a day for 92 days.

For an average stride that’s 500 miles.

The proclaimers will be with me in spirit!

I will be held accountable by wearing my Fitbit to count steps.

You can follow my progress with my Step Tracker.

You can also donate if you like over on my Just Giving page.

Step Count

Over on Instagram I will post up the previous days count via my Fitbit app. Along with that I’ll update this post so you can see the steps I’m taking along with the new number of steps I’ll need on average to make my goal.

July

1st – 12,217 Average Needed – 10,870

2nd – 10,870 Total – 23,087 New Average – 10,854

3rd – 10,728 Total – 33,815

4th – 6,854 Total – 40,669 New Average – 10,901

5th – 11,912 Total – 52,581

6th – 10,962 Total – 63,543 New Average – 10,889

7th – 1,575 Total – 65,118

8th – 9,175 Total – 74,293 New Average – 11,020

9th – 12,143 Total – 86,436

10th – 10,832 Total – 97,268 New Average – 11,008

11th – 7,737 Total – 105,005

12th – 9,802 Total – 114,807 New Average – 11,064

13th – 11,360 Total – 126,167

14th – 11,565 Total – 137,732 New Average – 11,054

15th – 4,403 Total – 142,135

16th – 7,859 Total – 149,994 New Average – 11,345

17th – 10,986 Total – 160,980

18th – 12,864 Total – 173,844 New Average – 11,164

19th – 14,045 Total – 187,889

20th – 11,336 Total – 199,225 New Average – 11,121

21st – 11,783 Total – 211,008