If you’ve meandered around my blog before you may notice I have acquired a liking for matte lipsticks. This is simply on the theory they should last longer and be less fuss to deal with. I like to apply my make up and then not have to worry if it’s half way down my face by the end of the day. On a recent trip into Selfridges I picked up a Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte lipstick in Razzberry. This is unlike anything I’ve tried before and I love the shade and the texture is just not like other mattes. So I road tested this today on a trip to the cinema and then onto Pizza Express to have a late birthday treat. I’m still sticking with my resolution of getting healthy and I’m pointing with weight watcher and even though it’s not exactly good for you I’m still within my limits.
I applied my foundation and concealer with my fingers as I still think this is the best way this goes on. I paired this look with a simple eye shadow look with Maybelline in Naked Beige over the inner two thirds and then the Natural Collection in Chocolate on the outer edge and crease to add a little depth. I also used Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude in the water line to brighten my eyes. I used the Lush Santa Lip Scrub as prep along with lip balm but other than that I used the lipstick alone straight from the bullet. The Mua blush is highly pigmented so you have to be careful and this took a couple of attempts to get right without looking like a rag doll.
- Nivea Hydrating Primer £4.99
- Mac Matchmaster Foundation in shade 1 £27
- Mac Select Cover Concealer in nw15 £15
- Natural Collection Eyeshadow in Chocolate and Crushed Walnut £1.99 each
- Maybeline Mono Shadow in Naked Beige £4.09
- Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black £4.99
- Mua Powder Blusher in Bon Bons £1
- N07 Eye Colour and Contour Brush £7.25 each
- Eco Tools Blush and Angle Brush ( part a set) £14.99